Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2022

One thing leads to another!


Wild Eyed Willy 


The last new pattern I made is Wild Eyed Willy. I wanted to do something fun and totally different.  He was such fun to make.  It was released to Dollmakers Journey Pattern in February. It is available on there website 

 https://dollmakersjourney.com/sieving.html 

You can purchase a as a paper pattern or PDF pattern right now. 

My goal is to complete a new pattern every other month. Life gets crazy sometimes and you just can't do what you want.  Instead I have been sketching out ideas for a Fall Halloween line when time allows. I wanted to be ready to hit my studio running.  Excited and creating a compete line of original characters for the Halloween season.  


I had originally made some little Bat Girls for a show called Merry Krampus and used the same idea for Wild Eyed Willy.  Although I love the Bat Girls and they did very well at the art show I was not totally pleased with them. I decided to revamp the design before making it into a pattern. 

 Keeping the bodies of the original Bat Girls the heads were removed. I love the change. Changing out the head and ears from skin tones to light grey, elevating the expression and adding the fuzzy top knot of hair made all the difference. I think you will agree she is almost the cutest bat you ever saw. 


I even gave her a new name

Bat-Tina 

I also had the perfect back drop to for her photo shot. 

 It is funny how just a couple changes makes all the difference. 

Changes:

Wide Bright Eyes, Highlighted Nose, Full mouth, Fangs, Fury Top Knot and most important the right Skin Tone.

Bat-Tina pattern will be available late summer at Dollmakers Journeys Online store and Etsy site.


After the pattern for Bat-Tina was written and tested I got excited and started sketching like crazy.  Making a whole line of new critters and characters for the Halloween season.  I hope to have them all released this late summer just in time for everyone make them for this fun season.  Write now I am working on my Cyclops family picnic. I will keep you updated with pictures and sketches as it comes along.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. How sweet you are. I get so happy when I make something that I find people like.

      Delete